Becoming a Tutor
Tutors for the Office of Academic Enrichment (OAE) are students who excel academically, have exceptional interpersonal skills, and are motivated to help their fellow UD peers achieve academic goals. The OAE hires student tutors in a variety of subjects based on demand that semester. Our tutors will help other students with strategies and study skills that will increase understanding and the ability to be successful in course areas of concern. The OAE is always looking for qualified individuals to join our team!!
Why Become a Tutor:
- Flexible hours
- Extra Income
- Impressive listing for your resume
- Tutoring gives you a glimpse into teaching and professions that involve helping others.
- Tutoring improves your interpersonal and communication skills.
- Acting as a tutor is a simple yet effective way of contributing to your college community.
- Overall GPA of at least 3.00
- 30 or more earned credit hours ( AP credits not eligible)
- A grade of a A or B in each course you want to tutor
- Availability to participate in training sessions
- Must be able to devote an entire semester to being employed as a tutor
- Good communication and interpersonal skill
- Knowledge of the university community
- Preferred experience teaching, presenting information and/or helping others learn
Expectations of a Hired Tutor:
- Organize & manage a successful tutorial session from start to finish
- Model positive academic skills and behavior
- Provide excellent customer service
- Be friendly, be patient, be assertive, be sensitive, be discreet, be creative and be responsible
On your application, please list all your course preferences for tutoring. Once complete return the application and recommendation form to the Office of Academic Enrichment located at 148-150 South College Avenue, Newark, DE 19716 or submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.